Monday, May 21, 2012

The Fit Bride...

 

 

 

Let me be honest here... I do care about what I look like in a really expensive dress, for a day that will be remembered for the rest of my life and pictures to be taken. So since that magical moment when my then boyfriend asked me to be his bride, that ring has sparked back my love of fitness, healthy eating & love of nike shorts. I had already determined that 2012 resolutions would include getting in shape, didn't realize that goal would include the "wedding shape". Over the course of the past few months, I have been obsessed with the following foods:

Smoothies
Chobani Greek Yogurt ( I sneak it into everything!)
Almond everything ( Almond milk, almonds and almond butter)

Seriously I have been beyond obsessed with smoothie breakfasts. Green smoothies filled with tons of spinach, kale, berries, pineapple, pears & carrots were the gateway smoothie to this obsession. Now, I am obsessed with getting protein intake higher. So greek yogurt is my latest staple. Chobani

This amazing week's concoction is:
.5 cup Plain Chobani Yogurt, .75 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1 cup Frozen Cherries & Berries & 3 TBSP of Ovaltine Mix.

At first you'd be like...Ovaltine for breakfast?? The sugar is actually not as high as some flavored yogurts & this has helped me with getting some key minerals like IRON. I have always struggled to eat enough protein and get enough iron because I am a pseudo former Vegetarian (I eat Turkey, Chicken & Bacon--don't ask why bacon is ok). So I'll take the 7g of sugar for the pay off of chocolate shake for breakfast and higher iron.

Speaking of iron, I've been pumping it! The one thing I did do as soon as I got engaged, get a 24hr fitness membership for me and the Mr. At first I was all about not doing classes, just sticking to a great regime I used in college that was good enough. Then, I started getting bored (mostly because I kept going over my data usage by streaming Netflix to my phone! Unlimited only means you get unlimited at high speed up to 3GB, after that...its slowed down to dial up speed). So I started taking these classes. First was S.E.T (Strength, Endurance Training), which is amazing cardio, step, and weights... Next, was TurboKick, cardio kickboxing and the zumba for the non-dancers. Last, PiYO- Pilates/Yoga at a faster pace and not boring.

With that, 5 months into the year I am back at my pre-tex mex jean size & I have lost 15lbs. Soo... I'd say its worth it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment